Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Yummies - Geno's Cheesesteaks and Deli, Tempe, AZ

Loved it!
Good prices, great location, and YUMMY food.

Southeast Corner of Rural and University, next to Club Tattoo
Tempe, AZ

I've been wanting to go to this place for a while, and so I WENT!
A very retro-mod, low-key, "order it yourself", sort of place.
Inside it's set up like both a regular restaurant/diner sort of setting, it a walk-up ordering counter like a fast food or food court place. Super affordable, I think the most expensive thing was their Whole Subs for $8.99.
Laid back, good music (though a bit on the loud side), a lot of TVs with various sports channels.
Great selection of food, coke products for soda, and $2-$2.50 draft beer (Coors, Bud Light, Devil's Ale, Pacifico, and I can't remember the other one, it was a wheat ale like blue moon).



Hot Garlic Buffalo Wings $3.99/half-doz
  Perfect blend, not breaded, creamy sort of hot buffalo garlic sauce, chicken was perfectly crispy-fried and super juicy inside. 10/10 - And I'm REALLY PICKY about my wings!

Bacon Ranch Fries $3.49 and Geno's Famous Philly (1/2 sub) $4.99
These fries, I got for my son, but snuck a few to let you know how they are, A+++!! Just enough ranch to give the fries flavor without making them soggy, REAL - FRESH - CRISPY BACON!!! Not that "bacon bits" stuff that most place put on their baked potatoes or cheesy fries, REAL BACON. Yummy. These fries tasted just like a stuffed baked potato! 10/10

Geno's Original Famous Philly Cheesesteak. What can you say about that? Doesn't the name say it all?
Perfect juicy, tender, well-seasoned sliced beef, onions, and Cheez Whiz. Ok, I have to admit, the Cheez Whiz kind of scared us (my hubby and I), but we got it anyways and OMG IT WAS SOOO GOOD. Is that enough to write about it? Haha. The hoagie french bread its on wasn't one of those buns you get where you have a ton of bread and no sandwich, actually I would have like it to be a little thicker, but the taste and texture of thee bun was PERFECT, and it totally made the Philly.
This was hubby's meal, next time I'm going to have to get us a whole sub and have part for myself, instead of only eating enough to be able to judge it on here. 10/10


Garden Salad with Feta Greek Dressing $3.99
This is what I got to go with my Hot Garlic Wings.
Their Feta-Greek dressing is AWESOME! The feta is more on the mild side, not that rancid cheese most places will give you; no nasty, moldy aftertaste. The salad itself was comprised of green and romaine leaf lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, red onion, and green bell pepper. It was a super fresh, crispy, beautiful salad. And the dressing had a perfect consistency, like an Italian dressing with tons of Feta. Did I mention it was a HUGE salad? Yeah, you can skip the wings and totally be happy with this salad being your entire meal. 9/10 (would have been ten, but I'm not really a "salad" person so because its a salad it gets a 9 from me, lol)


Plain - Ol - Dog (w/ketchup) $1.99
My hubby decided he wanted a hotdog and beer after he was done eating, so here what the hotdog looked like. (He cut it before I could take a picture.)
It might look short in the picture, but this dog was bout 1/4lb of BEEF. And it was the most amazing tasting hotdog I've ever had. I think they might deep-fry it and that's why it looks so scary and dark.
In this case looks ARE deceiving. If you just need a quick meal before you go out, or something to munch on while you're watching the game on one of Geno's TVs, this is the go-to dog. YUM. I give it a 9/10 (would have been ten, but it really looked like a day old dog left on the burner at Circle K for a minute)


Overall Rating:
Service: 10/10 - The girls really pay attention to you even though I think they're supposed to stay up by the cash register, one even cleared our table, and it's more of a "pick up after yourself" sort of place!
Price: 10/10 - Super affordable, and great great GREAT quality. Hubby spent the whole time wondering how they can stay in business giving the food away like that. Lol.
Food: 10/10 - Like I said, great quality and great taste.


We will definitely be hitting this place up in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment