Sunday, August 14, 2011

Food Court Series #1: Gyros on Sunday =]


Maggie's Pita Palace
In the Fiesta Mall, Mesa, AZ
Just North of the US 60 on Alma School Rd.
Family owned and operated.

Gyro and Fries Platter $6.25
$4.75 for Gyro alone
 Obviously, if you can't tell - It just looked so good that I started eating it before I took a picture. =]
This is BY FAR, our favorite place for Greek food/Gyros in the entire Phoenix valley!.
Their gyro meat is piping hot and moist, with a perfect blend of, I'm guessing beef, lamb, and spices like rosemary and marjoram. But with so many different kinds out there, who really knows? I think I'll take the time to ask next time, to let you all know.
Anyways, Maggie's Gyros are by far, THE BEST AROUND.
The size of the sandwich (before I ate half of it) was about 6-7" and stuffed, ok, OVERFILLED, with gyro meat! Hubby estimated about a pound!! I had "everything on it" - which here means, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, with tzatziki sauce. Maggie's tzatziki sauce is also the best I've ever tasted, perfect blend of  yogurt, garlic, dill, and I'm pretty sure they add in some rosemary or something, that gives it bonus flavor compared to other places' excuse of sauce.
  • The only thing that probably would scare people away is the fact that it's located inside a tiny, mostly Hispanic occupied, shopping mall, that nobody goes to anymore (including us for the most part).
The fries are perfectly crispy and come to you too hot to touch.

NOTHING IS MADE BEFORE YOU ORDER, except the deserts and the salad items are sitting in the normal ice-box. It's definitely a nice change from regular food court fare, and a reasonable price for the size of the Gyro sandwich. The only downside is that since your food is made after you order it takes about 5-10 minutes to make for you.

OVERALL RATING: 10/10
Pros: Best tasting Gyros I've had in the Phoenix Valley. Family owned. Good prices.
Cons: Located in small, "ghetto-ish" mall.


PS:  Some people just opened a Fried Catfish food stall in the mall as well, which I will definitely blog about in a couple of weeks if I head back out in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment